Important Deadlines: The last day for …
- August 7th: Online registration
- July 23rd: Volunteer sign-ups
- July 13th: Guaranteed housing
- July 9th: T-shirt pre-orders
New this year: Living Legacies Program. To be scholarship sponsor or a recipient, you can read more here.
Sweet Molasses Blues has a sliding scale pricing system! This means that you are encouraged to pay for the highest price that you are able to.
- Super Community Supporter price $195 – This pass will go a long way towards helping fund dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Community Supporter price $170 – This pass will help fund dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Standard price $150 – This pass is the break-even price for the event. The organizers will break even if every attendee purchases this pass.
- Subsidized Discount price $115 – This pass offers a subsidized discount for dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
We want to make this event financially accessible for everyone, and we need your help. By paying a bit more, your generosity allows for more people to come and dance with us. Please take a moment to consider paying the highest price that you can afford for the 2018 edition of Sweet Molasses Blues.
Dancers who are able to purchase a Community Supporter or Super Community Supporter pass will be contributing to both our self-selected pass subsidy and our Living Legacies Program.
If you are interested in participating in the Living Legacies program as a partial/full scholarship recipient or if you are interested in donating more than the Supporter tiers as a pass sponsor, please contact LivingLegacies@sweetmolassesblues.com .
If you have questions about sliding scale pricing or anything else please contact your organizers via the Contact Us page.
All Passes include: 3 evenings of social dancing to live music, 3 late-night social dances, 2 full days of workshops (not included in Dance-Only Passes). Sunday BBQ dinner and “Thursday: Live at Blues Union” sold separately.
Housing: If you would like our housing coordinator to find you free housing during the event, select “Requesting Housing”. If you would like to offer housing for out of town attendees, select “Offering Housing”. We will reach out for more information later. We will reach out for more information later.
Volunteering: Volunteers are reimbursed based on number of hours. If you would like to volunteer, please select “Interested in Volunteering”. We will reach out for more information later.
Read more about competitions and judging criteria on the Competitions page.