Registration for 2019 is not yet announced. Below is some information from 2018, for the curious reader.
New in 2018: Living Legacies Program. To be scholarship sponsor or a recipient, you can read more here.
A La Carte Purchases (At The Door)
Missed out on online sales, or only available for part of the weekend? We will have options available to purchase at the door.
Sweet Molasses Blues has a sliding scale pricing system! This means that you are encouraged to pay for the highest price that you are able to. All passes are available at the registration desk. We cannot accept cash at MIT.
These are 2018 prices. 2019 prices TBD!
- Full Pass: Super Community Supporter price $195 – This pass will go a long way towards helping fund dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Full Pass: Community Supporter price $170 – This pass will help fund dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Full Pass: Standard price $150 – This pass is the break-even price for the event. The organizers will break even if every attendee purchases this pass.
- Full Pass: Subsidized Discount price $115 – This pass offers a subsidized discount for dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Dance-Only Pass: Community Supporter price $110 – This pass will help fund dancers who need financial assistance in order to attend the event.
- Dance-Only Pass: Standard price $90 – This pass is the break-even dance-only price for the event. The organizers will break even if every attendee purchases this pass.
- Saturday One Day Pass $75 – Saturday workshops, main dance, and late night.
- Sunday One Day Pass $65 – Sunday workshops, main dance, and late night.
We want to make this event financially accessible for everyone, and we need your help. By paying a bit more, your generosity allows for more people to come and dance with us. Please take a moment to consider paying the highest price that you can afford for the 2018 edition of Sweet Molasses Blues.
Dancers who are able to purchase a Community Supporter or Super Community Supporter pass will be contributing to both our self-selected pass subsidy and our Living Legacies Program.
If you are interested in participating in the Living Legacies program as a partial/full scholarship recipient or if you are interested in donating more than the Supporter tiers as a pass sponsor, please contact LivingLegacies@sweetmolassesblues.com .
If you have questions about sliding scale pricing or anything else please contact your organizers via the Contact Us page.
All Full Weekend Passes include: 3 evenings of social dancing to live music, 3 late-night social dances, 2 full days of workshops.
All Dance-Only Passes include: 3 evenings of social dancing to live music and 3 late-night social dances.
Sunday BBQ dinner, “Thursday: Live at Blues Union”, and other events sold separately.
T-Shirt pre-orders are now over. We will have a limited number for sale during the event.
BBQ tickets can be purchased at the door
Read more about competitions and judging criteria on the Competitions page.
Competition pre-registration is now over. You can register at the desk.